Sunday, February 27, 2011

#3750 Day One


Yesterday was a very busy day! I got up early to get some stuff done around the house before leaving to pick up the new pup, and got on my way. The drive was uneventful, and I picked up Tony #3750 (now Roscoe) and we went straight to the vet (and by straight, I mean it was a little over an hour and a half from the pickup point).

The basics:
Age: approximately 1-1.5 years
Weight: 65 lbs, could stand to gain 5-8 more pounds
Shots: now current
Neutered: not yet
Teeth: Excellent
Coat: Flashy Brindle- soft

He seems to be adjusting well. I let him roam the house a for a few minutes, then crated him and let D and M out to meet him and go outside. Then I cycled out of the crate time Two at a time. D and M, M and R, R and D, repeat. I had all three out for about an hour last night all together at the end of the night. And so far so good. Medwin wants to play with him, but Dahnke seems a little leary.

Roscoe is a puller, so we will need to work on that. He had his first dose of Panacur, for the hookworms the vet found in his stool, and I've been letting him relieve himself in a part of the yard the other dogs can't get to and cleaning it up right away.

So all in all, everything is going well here. Pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment