Thursday, March 24, 2011

Where to begin!?!?

There is lots to be done this weekend... Already emails are flying hot about the Boxer Bash in September. The Boxer Bash is GOBR's biggest yearly fundraiser. If it weren't for the previous successes of this event, GOBR would probably not be around. The moneys we raise at this event provide most of the funding we need throughout the year for our dogs' medical expenses. The entire event is set up with volunteer efforts, and every penny raised goes to the medical fund. Which is great. For the dogs.

I was racking my brains on how I could help. And I had an idea. And of course I think this is a great idea... but then... ugh, I don't know!

I LOVE to bake. It started out as something I did when I was down to cheer me up. Now I am a baking, cooking fool. I like to try new things, and make it look pretty, and eat tasty goodies!!!! I digress...
CupCakes for people and decorated with little boxer fondant silhouettes, and PupCakes for the dogs! (I have an apple-cheese recipe for dogs, with a cream-cheese/greek yogurt icing!)

So for now, I'm volunteering to send out solicitation letters asking for donations... I would like to do the cupcakes but I'm really afraid of over extending myself... I also don't know how I'd transport them and the dogs... hmmm... I'll figure something out.

what to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment